Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Interview with Silver Medallion

When I opened this blog, two years ago, I couldn't expect I would have interviewed such important people and artists and I'm very proud of the work I did. Today is a great day for the Daily War Drum, 'cause today, for the first time in the blog's history, I offer you an interview with a musician.

And it's with great honor that I present you to the interview I did with the well-known NY-based singer Silver Medallion!

THE INTERVIEW


I would like to start off with asking you about your beginnings as a musician. Are you son or brother of artists? Which influences have you got? When did you start singing and when and how did you decide to become a singer/musician?

My father was a guitar player and played in folk bands. I got my start in reggae bands and graduated to singing.

Why did you choose the name "Silver Medallion"? Any interesting and tellable background story behind that choice?

Spent a night in a graveyard asking the ghosts about the name with a oujie board, Silver Medallion was the result.

What kind of music do you enjoy/listen to?

Psychedelic instrumental rock music, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You Black Empereor etc.

Which producer/artist would you like to collaborate with in future?

El-P.  He's got this sound that's general mood in chaos speaks to the general New York City insanity that my music stems from.

Do you enjoy your lifestyle/status?

Yeah, being a musician and having Snapchat has changed my life.

What kind of movies do you enjoy and which is your favorite movie ever?

F°ck film.

Are you currently working on something? Are there upcoming releases from yours?

I'm releasing an EP called Xanaxland 12.12.12, I'm working on further installments of that series.

If you weren't a musician, what would you like to be?

Pharmacist. 

If you could escape the "real world", which fictional character would you like to be?

Anyone that could fly.

Describe the following artist by three adjectives each:

. Skrillex -  acorn, apricot, chives
. Linkin Park - pepper, cauliflower, lox
. The Cataracs - bacon, basil, marscapone

The questions are over, if you want to add anything about your biography, career or simply say "hi", you can.

Grab the new project at xanaxland.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment